Considering the youth bulge in Pakistan, and the need to sensitize and involve the youth in parliamentary processes, SUBAI launched the first ever Young Parliamentary Associates (YPA) Programme for the four Provincial and two Legislative Assemblies of Pakistan. The YPA programme officially commenced in July 2017. Group of 50 YPAs at the launch of the YPA programme. Through a fully open and merit-based recruitment process were undertaken in partnership with the Assemblies and PIPS the programme recruits, trains, and deploys young professionals with a range of academic backgrounds to work within different Committees, wings and branches of the Provincial and Legislative Assemblies. The Programme recruited the first batch of fifty young graduates in spring 2017 and deployed them in the summer of 2017. The YPAs undertake a range of interesting tasks in support of the Assemblies including research; legislative analysis; reviewing the Rules of Procedure; overhauling Assembly websites; developing report templates, and supporting the Women’s Parliamentary Caucus and the Public Accounts Committees.
In Azad Jammu and Kashmir, the YPAs have provided support in the drafting of the Zero Hour amendment, by conducting a comparative assessment of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Rules of Procedures and have facilitated research reports on international commitments and treaties by Pakistan. These tasks would not have been possible without the support of the YPAs deployed in each of the Assemblies. SUBAI will mobilize two Cohorts of YPAs for placements of 15 months each. This enables the YPAs to gain in-depth knowledge and experience of the workings of the Assembly. The Assemblies benefit from a group of well trained, highly motivated and experienced young graduates to support their important work.
Young Parliamentary Associates YPA Programme NTS Screening Test 2018-2019 Online Registration
- Candidates must possess Master’s Degree / 16 years of education from an institution recognized by HEC with a minimum GPA score of 3 out of 4, or 3.75 out of 5 or 75% aggregate or Govt.
- All those candidates who have completed MBA / MS (Finance) and Computer Engineering must have minimum GPA Score 3.5 out of 4 are eligible to apply.
- Those candidates who have completed a degree in Law, Political Science, International Relations, Defense & Strategic Studies, Sociology, History, English, Economics, Development Studies, Public Administration, Computer Engineering; MBA /MS (Finance) are liable to apply.
- Candidates must possess the excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Urdu with the best demonstration research skills are needed as well.
- Applicants should be having the IT knowledge to carry out the research work and command on MS Word is required to apply.
- Candidates who meet the said criteria are required to apply online on NTS Site.
- Practising Law Graduates and Health professionals are highly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants who are living in remote areas and have a low-income group are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Application received incomplete or after the last date will not be entertained.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interview.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing in Test / Interview.
- Last Date for submission of Application is 23rd September 2018.
- The test date will be available soon.
SUBAI will engage with experts in democratic governance who are able to contextualize the means to deliver the technical assistance and ensure that there are opportunities for national, regional and international perspectives to be reflected in the design of the support provided. This will also enable other EU funded projects in the rural development; nutrition; education; justice; economic empowerment and peacebuilding sectors to collaborate with SUBAI to maximize the impact of the EU funded assistance to Pakistan.